The Big Sauk Lake Association is a volunteer organization. And
as such, it depends on its members to attain its goals and the
mission of making Big Sauk Lake and the Sauk Centre community a
better place to live, work and play. In addition to your financial
support, please consider doing your part by volunteering in one or
more of the following areas:
We Need Your Help
- Serve on the Board of Directors. BSLA's bylaws state that the "business of this association shall be managed by a
Board of Directors of not less than 6 nor more than 13." Directors are elected at the Annual Meeting and serve two (2) years.
- Assist with the publication of the BSLA newsletter by writing articles, and lending a hand in preparing it for mailing.
- Organize the BSLA Annual Meeting.
- Coordinate the BSLA County Fair Booth set-up, and contact and schedule workers for the booth.
- Be a liaison with the DNR fisheries regional office at least once a year.
- Are you experienced in grant writing? We could use your time and expertise!
- Represent the BSLA by attending occasional meetings of the Sauk River Watershed District Board of Managers. Report to the BSLA Board.
- Monitor water craft entering the lake to make sure boats are not transporting invasive species e.g. Eurasian water milfoil.
- Assist current BSLA members in water quality monitoring.
- Publicize the Big Sauk Lake Association to new residents on the lake and encourage their membership in the organization.
Contact Board members for further information on what specific
responsibilities are involved to make your efforts sucessful.
Or e-mail us for more information on Volunteering.
| Business Members
| Sauk Lake Map
| Lake Links
| Fun Photos
| Term of Use
Problems with this site? Contact the Webmaster